ads728x90

Breaking News

"...A Guy From Kerala": Sanju Samson's Blunt Admission On Team India Spot

One of the most renowned cricketers in India, Sanju Samson has had an intriguing journey so far. A stalwart for the Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League, Samson hasn't quite managed to cement his place in the Indian team in any of the three formats. With the T20 World Cup selection chatter buzzing ahead of the start of IPL 2024, Samson was asked about his views on national team selection. The wicket-keeper batter gave a brutally honest response, highlighting how tough competition for places is in the Indian team.

In a chat with Star Sports, Samson admitted that if a guy from Kerala, like him, has to book a spot in India's national team.

"When you are playing cricket in the world's best country... India is no.1 in the world... the number of players, the number of talent, and the competitions we have... a guy from Kerala. If he has to come and cement his place in the national side, he has to do something special," Samson told Star Sports on their show Star Nahi Far.

Speaking of his approach as a batter, Samson said that he always believed in standing out, and wouldn't mind hitting a six on the very first ball he faced.

"I always wanted to stand out with the way I bat... create my own style. No matter if it's the first ball, I wanted to go out there and hit a six. That was the shift in the mindset. I wanted to do something different. Why do we have to wait for ten balls to hit a six? That was the motive behind the development of my power-hitting."

"I put in a lot of effort during Covid times, a lot of people helped me. I'm very happy, things are coming on nice. The grind keeps on going, I'm never satisfied. I just want to go on and keep doing something spectacular for the side that I play for," Samson concluded.



from NDTV News- Topstories https://ift.tt/rBciMUJ

No comments